I have started my New Year pretty exotically, having travelled through 3 different continents and countries in the past 2 days; the UK, China, and finally to Australia! It is a pretty long way to go to just train however due to their opposite summer down under; it made the perfect ground for a very heavy month and a half block of training in preparation for my 2011 season! Something which am very much looking forward to!
It is day 1 here in Perth, in fact actually day 2 but still feels like day one! Confusing I know! I had slept for 14 hours the previous night which I think was a lot down to the fact my body clock hadn’t adjusted yet - and still hasn’t adjusted! Anyhow, in what was left of the day after having woken up at 2.30 pm still looking for breakfast; I went to Yoga. I was fortunate to find somewhere so close to where I am staying to do it as it is great. It helps with my core strength which is vital for a cyclist and it is an awesome way to totally relax. I must thank both Ann Bowditch and Caroline Wick ham (who runs Yoga sessions in Guernsey) for getting me into it. Now the day is finished - seemed like the shortest day in history!
I have to the end of the weekend to sort out this jetlag and then the long and hard hours in the saddle, start on Monday. Either way though I think that by the time that starts I will be too tired to stay awake anyway!
Thanks for reading my blog, I will try to keep it as up-to-date as possible!
James McLaughlin